Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!


I dragged out an old photo of Mimi from Easter in 2006. She looks so innocently sweet. She has Brady in almost every photo we take of her, including our family Christmas portrait year before last. We had a very nice Easter at my step-family's house and had our traditional homemade Italian food - raviolis, gnocchis, Italian pizza (which is more like a quiche kind of thing) and lots of goodies. The littlies went on an Easter Egg hunt. It was nice to spend the day with family.

I had a headache most of the day and I laid in my bed with an icepack on my neck to try to relieve it (along with Excedrin, Klonapin and Jared massaging me) and my sweet little girl read a Junie B. Jones book to me while I had my eyes closed. It was the "Dumb Bunny" book. We both laughed at the funny parts. If you have never read any Junie B. Jones books, I highly recommend them. I read them when I substitued a first grade class and had to stop reading to laugh. They take about 20 minutes to read a whole book.

I don't know if I've mentioned I work full-time as a secretary and I'm now doing classes three nights a week going into graphic design. So far I'm enjoying it - lots to learn and gradually dusting the cobwebs out of my head. I haven't gotten to the fun stuff yet - just all the technical stuff explaining the broad range of career paths in multimedia.

I hope you had a very nice Easter!


13 comments:

Fiona said...

Happy Easter!!

DJ said...

Mimi looks so cute in that picture. We are glad you guys came yesterday. So sorry about those darn headaches!!! The eclairs were delish!

Saimi said...

First off, that picture of Mimi is adorable Bunny ears, Brady and all!!

There's nothing better than spending time with family. My Mother in Law had a house full of family and friends for Easter dinner and it was so enjoyable. One of my college sons even made it home.

Congratulations for continuing your education, that is no easy task when you are trying to juggle being a mother and wife! Good for you!!

I'll have to look into the book, I'm always up for a good laugh!

By the way, did the Easter Bunny show up? :)

Saimi said...

I also forgot to mention that you work full time. What an inspiration you are!

Nancy said...

Cutest little picture ever. I don't know how you are managing mom, work and school, but it is an inspiration. I seriously always get stuck thinking I've kind of lost my chance to learn or do anything new. It is so good for me to see that people can up and decide to do something they want even after having kids, etc. etc.

Leenie said...

Sounds like you have a young shaman to read you cheering stories to help cure headaches. You do have plenty on your plate. Computer graphics is what keeps me out of trouble and gets me out of the house. I have a love/hate retalitonship with Adobe products. We just upgraded to CS4. Every upgrade is frustration and exciting. New software is so expensive I can't afford it so I have to play with it at work.

Lacie @ Creative Attempts said...

wow you have alot going on and you handle it with such grace... you inspire me. i hope your head is feeling better. i know when i get a bad one i can fee the effects of it for day (booooo)

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

That picture is SO cute!

Sorry that you had a headache. although it was cute how everyone took such good care of you!

Wow, sounds like you are staying busy!

Kari said...

My question is....did you give rabbit poop this year? :)

Chaotic Di said...

You have too much going on for me to comprehend at the moment! Probably because I have too much going on I can't even think of doing another thing. that's why I'm in St George right now. I really needed this vacation! Mimi is so cute! Don't you wish kids stayed that way? Cute and innocent?

Lisa said...

Junie B is my hero! I read them to my kids, and then when they were out playing with their friends, I'd sit in the rocking chair and read them myself and laugh and laugh and laugh! Delightful! Plus, I've had a D.A.M. headache for three days straight. We're soul sisters.

Life With Dogs said...

Graphic design is fun. If I had it to do all over again I'd take some classes myself...

Just a bed of roses said...

Congratulations on graphic school, how fun, now we are expecting great graphics from you...no pressure, no headache.

Your Mimi and bear are adorable, no priceless. Italian dinner on Easter...sounds fabulous to me!

You CAN do it all!!!

I' adding you to my bloglist if that's okay.