Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Twisted Toiletries

This is one of the most stinkin' cutest gifts I have given. This was a Christmas present for my daughter, Ali who is 16. When I saw this in Nordstrom's, I loved the little bottle it came in. It's called Angel by Gwen Stefani. I smelled the perfume and all of her perfumes. They all had one not so subtle undertone in the scent in common. They all stunk, stank, stinketh! Yuck! But I figured if I didn't like it, Ali would. And she did. When I went downstairs to the teens' bathroom, I was in shock how clean it was. I liked how Ali had her perfume strategically placed in front of the make up brush and I just had to turn Lil' Angel slightly forward to avoid a profile.





This next photo is of the lotion I use, Victoria's Secret "Amber Romance." This is the gel my husband uses called "Got2b glued." Many a time I have almost used his gel as lotion. Their bottles are almost identical. As I told him about that, instead of him complaining that my stuff is on his side of the two sink vanity, he tells me he has almost used my lotion for gel and that he will start putting his gel away. WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY HUSBAND? Maybe this was just his way of telling me to put my stuff away, too. Pinky the rubber duck doesn't care as long as she gets her picture taken.




This last picture of toiletries is the most baffling. Do I treat zits or wrinkles?

6 comments:

JaMean said...

LOL I think we all are starting to fight zits and wrinkles. I did ok with the zits, I would win eventually. But the wrinkles? They are winning the war..

Nancy said...

I just find these little lovely photos of toiletries quite funny. And how on earth is your teenager's bathroom clean!??! And yes, zits and wrinkles. I've just started noticing eye wrinkles the last few years but I still break out all of the time. This is about as unfair as it gets. If I am going to get all wrinkled please please let my zits go away!! Oh yes, and the mixing things up. I can't tell you how often I've nearly put something weird from a tube on my toothbrush!

DJ said...

I can relate to the toiletry mix up! One time while camping we had the toothpaste and Ben gay (sore muscle ointment, we need that after waterskiing some times) sitting side by side exactly the same color, white tube red cap)and I put it on one of the kids toothbrushes as he began brushing he started complaining it was too hot. Dumb me told him to stop complaining since he usually did about hygiene issues and just brush. Imagine my horror when I discovered the mix up!!! Bad mommy award winner :-(

Kari said...

I think you mixed up on the last one. You know that it's called "zinkles" when you have to compete with both. They just haven't come up with a product that does both at the same time so they have to keep them segregated. I'm sure there would be a boycott somewhere about the "marriage" of those two products. And tell Jared that at least he would smell nice after his shave! :)

Flea said...

Pinky the Duck is a cutie pie. He's a nice blog feature. :)

Gil said...

Mix the two lotions and then resell them as a treatment for Zinkles!