Thursday, August 28, 2008

Up For Air

We've been home for a week and haven't been able to catch up with things. We've been suffering from major jetlag. I don't remember it being so rough, but then I was seven years younger last time we went.


I thought I would add some of my favorite scenes from Oz. This is a picture of Mum and Dad's pawpaw tree. That's their neighbor's house in the background.


I love this picture of Grandpa going down to the chicken coop with the grandkids. They loved feeding the chickens and gathering the eggs. Dad built the steps himself. They looked forward to going every morning and afternoon.





Jacob, Mimi and Nina with Grandpa and the chickens.




Nina, Jacob and Mimi gathering eggs.








Here's JoJo with his son, Jacob.






This is an Aussie dryer. It was an experience Ali did not enjoy. It's really not that bad, unless you have tiny little baby clothes that take forever to hang and take down. Ali didn't like the crunchiness of her jeans. I don't mind a clothesline, but I'm sure my neighbors would protest.




Test your vision! Spot the wallaby! The darn thing wouldn't let us get very close to take it's picture. But we saw him a few times. He's just to the right of the shed, if you didn't spot him.

Our trip was wonderful and the best part was spending time with family. Needless to say, we could have stayed at least another week.

So this is where we stayed for most of our trip, at Mum and Dad's in Samford. It's just outside of Brisbane, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

5 comments:

Karen said...

I love all the pictures!!! I want more!!! I don't think the one of Jar-head's parents house loaded.

Christina said...

Welcome home! Glad you are safely back. Sorry about the jet lag . . . that's not fun at all. Love all the photos. It must be difficult to have family so far away. I have a hard time with my family being in California!

JaMean said...

Nice pics! My mom always had a clothesline and I HATED picking clothes. Cuz first you had to pick them, then fold them! YUCK! Oh, and yes, the jeans were always crunchy.

I am not sure what a pawpaw tree is, but it sounds cool! Oh, I and I spotted the wallaby!

Anonymous said...

Yes I love your photos!! Talked to Seth last night on facebook, he was still awake at 4am your time, oh my heck!!! I have not put all my photos up, will do when I get a chance. We loved seeing you guys again... seven years is too freakin long!@ Lets try for two, Wilson will be a little nicer in two years:) Love u,
fixx

Kari said...

I had a clothes line growing up. Ok, my mom had a clothes line when I was growing up. Sheets, some shirts, they were ok. Towels and jeans, no way! Didn't like the crunch. The underwear?! Now that was embarrassing! Glad you're back!! But very glad you had fun!!!