Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Bye Bye Barbie

Adios Legos.

Ali loved Barbies. I described her bedroom once as "Barbie Hell." My Mimi breaks my heart because she doesn't have the same love. She likes "Littlest Pet Shop" stuff. Time to file the Barbie chapter away in my life. It's going to be painful. All the beautiful clothes, shoes and accessories!

Seth loved Legos. We invested a small fortune in Legos. He loved the pirates and the knights and so did I. You may think it would be his father that would be the one to love putting them together, seeing as he's an engineer and all. Nope. It was me who loved reading the instructions and putting all the castles and ships together. I was sad when Seth was too old for the Safari Legos when they came out. I packed up the Legos a long time ago - but we're saving them because I'm sure they will appreciate in value.

Littlest Pet Shop. No clothes, shoes and accessories. Just a tiny dog bowl and fake dog doo doo. Yep. One of the little dogs has a fake feces. Nothing like pretending to clean up puppy poop. They obviously didn't design these things with moms in mind. By the time they're old enough to own toys that tiny - you're sick of poop!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

My son has just entered the lego stage . . . and I can easily see how we will have invested a fortune ere long as well (it doesn't help that one small set costs a million dollars). Anyway, do keep those legos around. We were trying to find some on ebay or craigslist or somewhere and they aint cheep.

But really, fake dog poop???!! Now they have simply gone too far.

Its Time to Live said...

Merry Christmas!

Kari said...

Let's not forget the Polly World! Barbie has nothing to these little wonders! Clothes, shoes, cars, playsets, .... um..... ok..... anyway...

We still have our legos too! They still inspire once in a while when little ones come over. It brings out the boy in all of us!

Karen said...

Ewwww. I'm not a fan of fake dog poop either nor is real counter part.

Unknown said...

Very vood blogging!

Karen said...

At least your sweet children pick "a thing". My kids love it all. If I pick up any more Barbie shoes with Little Pet Shop dog poop on it, I'm goin' scream. :)