Thursday, March 19, 2009

When Moms Attack

My friend over at The Rocking Pony inspired me to share a "mean mom" story. Sometimes us moms get a thrill out of keeping our kids on their toes. My daughter and her friends (age 14 at the time) would always hold their breath when we would pass a cemetary which is on our way home from most places. Sometimes I would slow down the car to a crawl so they would have to hold their breath longer.



One night as she and her friend were holding their breath I thought I would actually pull into the cemetary. They were scared to death. I had never pulled into the cemetary before and realized the road came to a stop. I said, "Look! It's a dead end!" They found no humor in that. I put the car into reverse and backed into a small parking lot. My headlights shined on the headstones straight ahead. I put the car into drive and as I went forward I let out a blood curdling scream. The girls screamed their heads off and one actually started to cry and I'm sure you're not surprised that I laughed hysterically.

6 comments:

Christina said...

You're sooooo mean! ;o) But I like it . . .

Karen said...

Dude. You're my hero.

Nancy said...

That reminds me of driving into the cemetary with my teenage friends only to freak out and decide to make a speedy exit -- hampered by the fact that it was a dead end, very skinny road and we literally had to slowly make like an 800 point turn -- not quite the dramatic escape we were hoping for, but I guess better than driving over all the tombstones. That has got to be worse luck than say breaking a mirror!!

Nancy said...

P.S. What I meant to add was, maybe we never would have tried such fool hardy things had our mothers scared it out of us first. Your children should thank you.

JaMean said...

Holy moly Krista. You are TOO funny.

You and Mandy would get me going when you would start to scream and you would floor it! :)

Karen said...

This is why we are friends. We share this passion for watching our children freak out. I remember when that happened, I think you called to tell me.