Friday, April 30, 2010

Who?

Just like Horton hears the Who's I can hear all my friends in Blogville talking to me. Actually, I'm usually the one talking to you. "Hello! Can you hear me?"


I finally saw my daughter's high school musical tonight, "Suessical the Musical." I had school the last two nights so I missed those. I'll be going again tomorrow night, too. I survived the day with another headache (literally) in which I had an MRI on my neck for. I was really expecting them to say I was a host body for an alien that is trying to crawl out of the back of my head but they didn't say that. They said I have a couple of bulging discs in the bottom of my neck. So I'm like, "Great. More bulges." No more pictures of the back of my head now. At least I still have cute ankles.

So back to Ali and Suessical. This is her with a girl she grew up with that lived in our old neighborhood. "Aubs" was a fancy bird and Ali was Gertrude McFuzz. So cute to see them 13 years down the road.

Here's Ali with the Horton/Gertrude offspring. If only having children were as easy as sitting on an egg. My Mimi was jealous and thought she should have played the hatchling. Another star is rising!

Here is Ali with her bestie, Joey giving Horton a little kiss. Joey was a Who and was a darn darlin' Who! I don't know who Horton really is. I wouldn't recognize him on the street without his trunk.


Another week survived. Another brag moment. The bird gets the elephant in the end. Thanks for listening to me brag twice in a week. Oh, not to be overlooked - my little Mimi had a piano recital. And she did awesome. All in a day's work.



14 comments:

Melissa said...

Busy, busy! Looks like fun, though. Well, except for the headaches-that sounds awful! I'm so sorry. But I'm glad you still have cute ankles :)

What cutie cutie kiddos!

Teachinfourth said...

Been to my share of school musicals over the years…this one appears to be a bit more well done than those I've attended.

Cheeseboy said...

What a fun musical to do for kids. I love that Horton costume.

Just a bed of roses said...

Love your brag moments...what fun to play in this musical, no wonder mimi was jealous.
Hoping your headache eases up, don't you hate those words bulging especially anywhere on the spine...ouch! Sorry to hear, hope you can endure.
And you probably thought the headache was from all that learning at school.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the headaches! I know a fabulous doctor who treats neck/back problems, if you are ever interested.

Ali and Joey look great! And looks like fun!

Saimi said...

Love attending High School musicals, although all our kiddos are out of HS we still go and enjoy the talent.

And I do miss the piano recitals!

Congratulations, mom with cute ankles, on having such talented girls.

Leenie said...

Horton is one of my Favorite Seusses. I love that he is faithful and kind against all odds.

Your offspring are wonderful, beautiful and talented. So fun to see them in performance mode. Payday!

As for cute ankles: they stay with you like Horton. If you got 'em flaunt 'em. Maybe the headaches will go away with all those classes. Hope so.

Diane J. said...

Sorry about the headaches, geez that sucks.

Love the pictures.

Lisa said...

I did notice your ankles, but then I noticed your lesbian haircut and it ruined it for me. :) Darling kids, Krista. Sorry about your alien. Let me know what they decide to do.

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Oh my! So cute!! Adore the costumes!
Sorry about the bulges. I sure wish I had less of a buldge at the bottom and more of a buldge in the less than perky "twins". I hope your headaches go away!

Nancy said...

Her costume, i must say is quite awesome and she is just all around lovely. And, I'd take those cute ankles and shout for joy because cute ankles are better than cankles -- even though I love that word.

See Mom Smile said...

I thought I commented on this but I did not. Sorry. What a slothfull bloggy friend. I think I told you I love Seussical and there was a time I could not get the songs out of my head when 3 of my kids were in it. "Notice me Horton, clover by clover...."

KyAnn (like Cayenne Pepper, only HOTTER) said...

My daughters and I went to see this. Had no idea that your kid was in it. She did and OUTSTANDING job and was actually our very favorite character in the play. She's adorable.

Gil said...

All I can say is... WOW!! Ali comes by her creative talent honestly.
And you do NOT have a lesbian haircut... but I do!