Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What Color Are You?

At work, our "Workforce Development Coordinator" Rebecca had us take a test online. It was pretty fun but hard to answer some of the questions. The results are one of four colors to help you know your "personality style". I answered the questions, and expected nothing less than a Pollock painting for results.

"Congratulations, you are a Yellow." I wondered if any of the results come back saying, "That sucks, you are a Red." Rebecca comes into the admin. office and says, "Krista, you have to be a yellow." (I hate being predictable!) "Yep! How'd you guess?" I say. She happens to be married to a yellow. You aren't categorized into a box, but have a mixture of colors, but the dominant one is the one to focus on and work with. Here's what it says:

Yellows (Motive: Fun)
Yellows are motivated by Fun. They are inviting and embrace life as a party that they're hosting. They love playful interaction and can be extremely sociable. They are highly persuasive and seek instant gratification. Yellows need to be adored and praised. While Yellows are carefree, they are sensitive and highly alert to others' agendas to control them. Yellows typically carry within themselves the gift of a good heart.

Yellows need to look good socially, and friendships command a high priority in their lives. Yellows are happy, articulate, engaging of others and crave adventure. Easily distracted, they can never sit still for long. They embrace each day in the "present tense" and choose people who, like themselves, enjoy a curious nature. Yellows are charismatic, spontaneous, and positive; but can also be irresponsible, obnoxious, and forgetful. When you deal with a Yellow, take a positive, upbeat approach and promote light-hearted, creative, and fun interactions.

Last Wednesday, there was a meeting and Rebecca was going to go over the different colors and how to work with your strengths and weaknesses. I just happened to be sick that day. I was really disappointed that I missed the meeting and asked her who else was yellow from our work. Can you believe there were no other yellows? The other secretaries said that's why they hired me, to add some fun to the office. It's a hard job but someone has to do it.

Take this test and let me know some things about your color. Make sure you go to the "basic" profile - it's free. http://www.colorcode.com/

2 comments:

Karen said...

White.............why did it have to be white? I'm so tired of being so white! Just kidding. You do know that sometimes when I look in the mirror, I am shocked to see a white woman looking back at me, instead of beautiful skin like my kids.

Krista said...

Yeah, I know. But "cute little chocolate babies" wasn't one of the four colors. It's a good thing you're White, that explains why you're not in a rubber room!