Friday, July 8, 2011

Bustin' a Move

I was going to wait until I had nothing to do before returning to Blogland. With our visitors from Australia, a flooded basement, another water leak a week later, my daughter's pageant, Yellowstone, Disneyland.....I haven't had a chance to catch up! Then Seth shared with me this hilarious story:

Seth walked his girlfriend out to the car to say good-bye......his little sister (Mimi, 11) decided to follow them. As they had their arms around each other waiting for the right moment for the goodnight kiss, Mimi stood three feet away from them. Unaware of the awkwardness she was causing she stood there, dancing to the beat in her head, wiggling her hips and shaking her booty. The young couple looked at her, trying to give her the hint. Finally, Mimi said, "C'mon, Seth. Let's do the Macarena so we can go inside."

Personally, I like doing the Hustle.

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Ha! Very funny!

TisforTonya said...

:)

hilarious - and could you finish all your busy life junk so you can get back to amusing us already? (oh wait, you can wait another 2 weeks... I'm going to be off grid for about that long... it might kill me!)

Saimi said...

HA, see that's why you can't stay away I miss the Mimi stories!!

Holly said...

She ROCKS!! Literally!! Bahahaha!! Ok, so maybe Seth and the GF didn't agree at that moment, but you know they had to get a chuckle out of it. ;D

I think summer in Blogland is always a little bleak. Something about LIFE and all.

BTW, Ali was beautiful, as always! Still say she should have WON! ;D And flooding twice? What a pain... Visitor's from Australia... FUN!! Did you go do everything fun under the sun to show them that we can have fun, too? ;D

(((HUGS)))

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I think you should rent her out!
I'd have to pay late fees though, I wouldn't want to return her I can tell.

Randyman5775 said...

Oh, this brings back 2 kinds of bad memories:

1- Liz's little sister Angie who was 8 when we started dating. No need to say more...

2- I used to dance on American Bandstand, and I taught the Hustle to old ladies at the Arthur Murray dance studio in Ogden in '79. I hope there are points in heaven for that one, because the pay sucked!

Kari said...

I don't know which is funnier, Mimi dancing to her own music? Or Seth and girlfriend not wanting to kiss in front of Mimi!
I think I'd have to vote for Mimi. She really dances to her own tune! :) Love it!

Bec Tipace said...

Hilarious!!!!

Fat, Female and Forty said...

What a great chapperone!

Krista said...

Holly, you are the last person I would consider annoying on FB! You always have something inspirational and I really enjoy that.