Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Dash Ain't Silent

There's a story about a girl who was enrolled in school whose name was Le-a. No one could figure out if it was pronounced "Lee-ah", "Lay-ah" or "Lee-ay." When they asked the mom she said it was pronounced "Ledasha. Because the dash ain't silent."


I looked myself up on a network of blogs it said my last blog entry was titled " - ". Just a dash. I didn't remember using that as a title and then remembered I didn't title my last entry, which was just a Post-it saying, "Happy Australia Day, Mates." None of my Aussie friends or rellies even replied to that, so next year - no Post-it for you! I'm sure they were all busy at the beach, having barbies, fighting off mozzies and having a great sunny avo.

We had a lovely Australia Day with snow on the ground which is typical this time of year. But we did go out to dinner to celebrate. Any excuse for celebration.

5 comments:

Flea said...

Any excuse for a celebration, Ledasha!

Lisa said...

Totally LOVE that story! Nick told it to me. She also sent me a list of other "southern" names. Yeah, that there is some serious entertainment.

Kari said...

Sounds like an explenative to me! Kind of like when your mom or dad is mad at you, "Come here K-i!!" Or, "Have you ever played the game, Balder-?" Or, "Would you like some salt? Oh yes, but just a -"
Things that make you go hmmmmm....

Karen said...

I love that story.....

Just a bed of roses said...

I noticed on your sidebar you have a bloggers conference and Matt Townsend is speaking...I LOVE HIM, even my husband knows it!
If your going...don't miss hearing him okay.
Nice blog...sassy attitude...kinda see why you get along so good with Lisa.
Your definitly cuter than I, so we should be just fine!