Thursday, May 21, 2009

You Thought Duct Tape Was Handy

How many of you have husbands that you have to beg to do things around the house? This was a problem at my house......more than I'm willing to elaborate on. One day, my husband came home from work in a bad mood and was mad the house was untidy. He was ranting and raving and started vacuuming the floor. I'm not complaining that he was vacuuming the floor, just that he was running over anything and everything that happened to be on the floor.

Of course, this changed the mood of everyone in the household, including mellow little me. (Ha!) I went to my room and closed the door, smoke coming out of my ears. I thought, "There's things I've asked to get done that haven't been done." The one thing that came to mind is hanging the curtains in our bedroom. I don't have the hand strength to operate a drill, so I had to depend on him to do the job.

"Well, if he's going to be all ornery about vacuuming because he had to do it, then I'm going to hang my own dang curtains," I thought. I'm not quite sure those were the exact words I was thinking.

So, I put the curtains in my fancy curtain rod and got the staple gun and stapled along the bottom of the rod. From a distance it looked quite nice. My husband didn't notice until the next day that I took care of one thing on the "Honey Do" list. He was quite impressed......at first. Later he decided to do the job right minus the staples. "Git 'er done" is a great motto.

5 comments:

Life With Dogs said...

Mission accomplished - you didn't have to vacuum and the curtains are done! Very clever :)

JaMean said...

LMButtO. Krista, you are too funny! LOL! I seriously am peeing my pants here. I know all about the "to do" list. Jimmy only does his when we are arguing, so I had to start a fight to get him to finish the bathroom floor. (There was no toilet in there!) I am much naughtier than you. I purposely do a less-than-perf job to make him mad and "punish" him for not just doing things the FIRST time I ask NICELY. (Funny how they don't remember the asking, only the nagging...lol)

mom to Elijah said...

And peope ask why I dont get married....hello.....I do it ALL myself without having to ask or nag and it is done right EVERY time......

Kari said...

Speaking of duct tape, my nephew just got a used boat given to him. It needs new seats, so I suggested just get some duct tape! They have all sorts of colors now a days and some of it IS waterproof! So, I say, get-er-done!

Karen said...

I am so glad you did this one!! One of my all time favorite stories by anyone!!!