Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Under The Influence of Pain Killers

I've had a little more time to write since I've been recuperating from surgery. I had a hysterectomy (where they remove your hysteria) and I was told that some people (mostly women) get very emotional afterward. My emotions have been mostly ecstatic but I have felt a little sentimental, too. I've been blessed with three beautiful children. But I'm done with it. I feel a little sad that I don't feel like I've lost a part of me, like some ladies. I kind of feel as if I owe my uterus somehow, like I should write an ode or something. Here goes:



Ode to My Uterus



Ode to my uterus - you have served me well,

But most of the time - you've given me ........heck.

Thanks for the womb service! But now I'm free.

There's womb at the top waiting for me!

Three babies have grown in my living womb,

But you've become an empty old tomb.

So thank you, thank you and thanks again,

Even though now there's no womb at the inn.





If you talk about your uterus, is it called a "chat womb?" I have some pictures from my surgery.

Scroll down to see.
























































































Did you really think I was going to show pictures? A womb with a view!?! I'm not that crazy! This isn't real estate where you can view properties womb by womb!

7 comments:

Karen said...

Holy Moly Woman! 2:35 AM. Really?! So when I read this posting at 6:35 this morning, I laughed so hard I almost woke the sleeping ones.

Nicole said...

you are crazy on so many levels that it is frightening.....

Christina said...

Woman (or is that womb-an?) You crack me up! I needed this laugh today - you are soooo funny. Thanks for sharing your humor while bidding your womb a fond farewell . . .

Gil said...

If I had a uterus, I'd let it tuterus!

But, alas, I'm unwombed, and my hair is ungroomed, so my empathy is doomed!

I feel so entombed ...

You ARE, undoubtedly, certifiable,
a fact that's undeniable,
when even prose that's try-able,
overreaches the bounds of viable!

It must be genetic ...

Krista said...

Aren't you glad I didn't get a circumcision?

Karen said...

Boy Howdy, are we thankful for that!

Anonymous said...

From one who has been de-wombed, I applaud your accuracy of the whole womb issue. Since I am de-wombed, I guess that means I have WOMB TO TALK!!! Thanks for the memory.