Friday, September 3, 2010

10 Useless Bits of Info

My sweet friend Holly at Diamond Potential gave me this sweeeet award. I accept it most humbly and graciously. I met Holly at CBC and it was great to meet her and develop a new friend. With this award you must:

1. Thank the person that gave you the award.

2. Share 10 things about yourself.

3. Pass this award to 10 bloggers you have recently discovered and think are fantastic.
4. Contact the bloggers and let them know you picked them for the award.

So here is ten useless pieces of information about me that you could care less about!

1. My favorite song at the moment is "If We Ever Meet Again" by Timbaland and Katy Perry.


2. I am an artist and I believe in the psychology of color. I believe in surrounding yourself and wearing colors that make you happy. If you feel a little blue, wear a color that you love, that you get a million compliments in, that you feel beautiful in. I decorate my house in bright colors and go against the popular taupe and brown decor. I think your house should reflect who you are and if you are like everyone else then......go for it.

3. My favorite color is PINK. There's not enough of pink in this world.

4. I love to entertain. We have a New Year's Party every year (you're invited - it's open invitation) and try to do a "How to Host a Murder" at least once a year. Many spontaneous game nights and dinners out. I also like to be invited to other people's houses so I don't have to clean mine!

5. I like to put on foreign accents. I especially like to put on accents when I'm going through drive-thru restaurants. I know it's demented, but I find humor in putting on a heavy Asian or Hispanic accent to see this innocent, professional looking, matronly woman paying for my "bee-skeet" (that would be a Carl's Jr. biscuit) with my coworker in the car. Blink, blink. And BTW McDonald's, don't forget my Madam Alexander toy or I will be back. You know how important they are to the kids. Blink, blink.

6. I used to be like Martha Stewart. I can cook or sew or make just about anything. But why? I'm more like Betty Crocker now, open the box, add eggs and bake. Hopefully the eggs haven't been in the fridge for six months.

7. I have a few foreign habits. I lived in England for 18 months where I had to adapt to eating with my fork in my left hand and knife in my right hand. I lived in Australia for seven years where I learned that "damn" and "hell" aren't swear words - even in church (which is also the case in England). Having an Australian husband for 21 years seals the deal - you're going to hear those words at our house. But you won't hear the word "bloody" used as a swear word, because it is cursing the blood of Christ. Now that you know, you have to quit saying it.

8. I'm really insecure. Should I have told you that? I try not to re-read my stuff to much or it would never get posted. I hate having my photo taken. I worry that people think I'm fat, ugly, unintelligent, weird or not righteous enough because I say "damn" and "hell".

9. I can belch like a teenage boy. Goodbye dear readers. It was nice knowing you. Don't worry, I save that for my immediate family and my children's dates. Who needs a gun collection? Should I have told you that?

10. It has taken me two months to compile this list. Holly probably forgot she passed this on by now. No - I just can't think of ten things to say about myself. Hmmmm. I just made that belching thing up. I like singing and have fun singing karaoke with friends and Ali. It's awesome therapy.

I'm breaking the rules because it will take me another two months to pick 10 bloggers and contact them. So......CONSIDER YOURSELF AWARDED!

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, for hell sake...who cares if you swear. THE MORE THE MERRIER, I always say. :) Tomorrow will be fun. :)

Kristina P. said...

We definitely would get along just fine. I love pink, and I love that song too.

How do you feel about The Hoff?

Cluttered Brain said...

LOL! Love this list!!
An open invitation to NEW year's huh?
I think you should have YOUR party in Mesquite NV this year...where it is warm...bring all your friends it will be a PARTY....YAY! Right?

Ok Fine. Stay up north. If I'm ever UP that way, I'm coming if only to take your cute pic and post it on my blog...lol.

You are funny and GORGEOUS. Face the facts girlfriend!

Saimi said...

I love doing foreign accents and Murder Mystery party's. We should do a party and only talk in accents!

Loved your list!

Krista said...

Lisa - I love that you sing and we can sing in harmony in the car together!

Kristina - checking...I feel nothing for the Hoff. Is that bad? But Pamela Anderson is jealous that mine are real.

OCB - I'd really like to be somewhere warmer for New Year's but by the time we end our party it's pretty warm in here! C'mon up!

ptatjohn said...

You needed to inform your readers you are the life of the party. Everywhere you go you have a great time. I remember when we were at PTA convention, some one had parked all crazy, taking up 4 parking spaces. You took out a piece of paper and wrote them a note about the dent. You didn't put your own number but some fast food restraunt. Andrea and I want to do that but are such wimps. I miss spending time with you. I love your blog.
Pam

Leenie said...

I know I was somewhere near your house on Sat. It being the first Sat. of the month and there being a brilliant child there who just had his eighth birthday. His huge fan club gathered from all over. If I had seen a house with pink trim near a Carl's Jr. I would have demanded we stop to visit. Maybe someday we can go out and order bee-skeets.

Hi! to Mimi the brilliant one.

Cheeseboy said...

I bet your belching is fantastic.

Interesting that damn and hell are not swear words over there. I think I like that idea.

18 months? Hm, I wonder why you were in England for that long...

Holly said...

SURPRISE!!! I did forget... I don't really check up on those. I read them if they're posted because it's always fun to learn new things... I like Tonya's take on the rules.... "They're more like GUIDELINES".... Do what you WANT! ;D I thought 10 was pretty outrageous, myself. CLEVER solution!

The fabric I have for your corn bag is ALL BRIGHT and has PINK in it!! Now I just have to find the pedal to my machine! BWAHAHAHA... I had to sew my boys' scout patches on by HAND! GAH!!! So WHEN I DO get it done and TO you... when you get a bad headache you can see bright colors and it will go away. Maybe I should just bring the fabric over in the meantime! ;p Hehehe...

I've went to one of those murder parties in SoCal. It was FUN!!

The accent thing cracks me up! I don't think I could pull it off. I can slightly blend an accent if I'm IMMERSED in it!! How pathetic am I?? And I WAS a Southern Girl...

GREAT!!! Now we have to have "the other B word" in our house!! You should have seen the faces of the boys when I did WEBELOS and I informed them that we don't use the "other S words" in our home... You know, Shut-up and Stupid (if it's being used to ADDRESS someone, that is...)

You should know that everyone ELSE thinks you're adorable, witty, and FUN!! I'd gladly take your pic anytime... Although, I know this guy that's dripping with the kind of talent I can only dream of... He would be related to Princess Lisa!!

So if you made up the belching part, than I'm sad... I thought I found something in common! LOL!! Actually... I hold them in nicely... EXCEPT when it's JUST my boys around and the hubs is gone... These are my 11 yr old's proudest moments of me as his mother. ???!!!??? WTH??? BUT, I ALWAYS say "excuse me" to slightly lessen the severity... *sigh*

I like karaoke, too... 1st time hubs saw me do that we were on a cruise and I think he was almost in shock! He just never expected that from me. SURPRISE!! Hehehe...

I'm glad you played along, it was FUN getting to know you better!! (((HUGS)))

See Mom Smile said...

Yes, that is why we are friends. I loooove pink but my house is boring reds and greens. AND I am collecting the Madame Alexander dolls at McDonalds. All I need is Gretal. How about you?